June 29, 2015 2015 E-bulletins
1. New Speaker for our Parents Congress this Sunday – Julian Leeser, ambulance Australian Catholic University
Julian Leeser – Director, cost Government, Policy and Strategy, Australian Catholic University
Julian has been at ACU since 2012 and he was previously Executive Director of the Menzies Research Centre (the Liberal Party’s Think Tank). A former advisor to a number of Coalition Ministers, including Tony Abbott and Phillip Ruddock, Julian is an experienced policy contributor.
Since 2009, Julian has been the conference convener of the Samuel Griffith Society. He has also served on the board or in an advisory capacity to a number of community organisations, including the Hornsby-Kuring-Gai Hospital, Playwriting Australia, the Executive Council of the Australian Jewry and the Chinese Australian Forum.
2. New Executive Members of the NSW Parents’ Council (co-opted at our February meeting)
NSW Parents’ Council would like to give a warm welcome to our newest executive members, Tim Sides, Marina Bertolino and Lydia Shelly. We are so pleased to have you all on board and look forward to your involvement in the organisation.
3. Meet our bright eyed bushy tailed interns (Uni students who have attended both public and independent schools)
We would like to welcome and thank our interns for and where to buy lasix furosemide joining us. They bring fantastic energy and ideas to the table and we hope to provide them valuable experience that is beneficial to their careers in the future. Law, business, science and film/television backgrounds make them the best team for us.
Abdul, William, Meryem and Claudia
Abdul and Meryem working on our media strategy for 2015
4. Registrations are still being accepted for the free Parents Congress of Sunday 8 March 2015
Be part of the audience on March 8th 2015 and get your questions answered by well renowned speakers moderated by Australia’s most popular business conference presenter Bernard Salt.
For more information and to register go to our website at Click here
5. Isolated Children’s Parents Association
Country Vice President Dr Ramy Mezrani attended the Broken Hill State Conference of the ICPA who are the voice of parents who send their children to boarding school from regional and remote New South Wales. More than 50 delegates from some of the smallest communities in Northern, Western and Riverina districts of rural NSW have made a commitment to work more closely with the NSW Parents Council. We anticipate two parents who send their child to independent boarding schools to join our executive by May 2015. Welcome on board as we tackle high priority issues.
Delegates at Broken Hill’s Musician’s Club listening to Dr Mezrani explaining our priorities in 2015
7. Strategic Partnerships – working with Rabbi Zalman Kastels from Together for Humanity
8. Teacher Education Ministerial Advisory Group
The President, Vice President and CEO of the NSW Parents’ Council attended the above lecture where the conclusions of Greg Craven’s committee were discussed and the Minister’s response given to over 150 key stakeholders at the NSW Masonic Centre, Sydney.
9. Parents’ Council Red Alert – after many years, the Parents Council is moving to new premises in April 2015. You will find us at 185 Elizabeth Street, Sydney. More details to come in our next e-bulletin.